What Does a System Efficiency Rating Mean?
The efficiency rating on an air conditioner indicates how well the unit converts its electrical power into cooling output. The higher the number, the more efficient the system is, meaning it wastes less energy and costs less to run.
Why Isn’t My Furnace Turning On?
Is your furnace not turning on, even though your house is frigid? This can be due to several issues, including a problem with a sensor. If your furnace is not turning on, call us to let our experts inspect your unit.
When Is HVAC Unit Relocation Needed?
Occasionally, there are circumstances that can require you to move your air conditioning unit to another area of your property. Some reasons to do this can include:
- The appearance of the unit.
- Adding new landscaping or fencing.
- A remodel or home addition.
- Adding a new porch, patio, or deck.
- Constructing a pool.
- Eroding land.
- Too hard to access for repairs and services.
- Installing a new, larger unit.
- Re-zoning property lines.
Why Isn’t My AC Unit Cooling My House?
Is your air conditioner running, but your house is not cooling to the temperature set on the thermostat? If your unit is blowing out warm or room-temperature air, it can indicate that you need to recharge the refrigerant in your AC system. Call us to have our experts inspect your system and check your refrigerant levels.
Should I Repair My AC Unit or Replace It?
When your air conditioner malfunctions, it can be difficult to determine if you should repair the unit or if you need to replace it. Some signs that can indicate you should install a new system can include if your utility bills are rising, if your house is not cooling to the set temperature, if the system is leaking, if the unit is making odd noises, and if you’ve made several repairs on the unit recently.
What Are the Benefits of Air Scrubbers?
Air Scrubbers provide many advantages to your house to help remove germs and bacteria. Some of the benefits these provide include clean, pure indoor air in your house, a healthier family, and reduced allergy and asthma symptoms.
How Often Should I Replace My HVAC Unit’s Filter?
Experts generally recommend replacing the filter in your air conditioner or your heater about every three months. However, these should be changed more -- or less -- frequently under certain circumstances:
- Change the filter every six months for households without pets.
- Replace it every three months if you live in an urban area.
- Change it at least every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace the filter each month if anyone in your household has a pet allergy.
- Replace the filter more often during times of heavy use.